Saturday 15 October 2016

Week 2: Progress Report

This week has been more difficult than last week, in every aspect. I have hit healing crisis and been left with very few spoons, but for once I am happy to feel bad. I'm starting to get rid of all those nasty toxins. I have had a few restless nights, my restless legs have been giving me hell at night (in my arms as well as my legs), I've had indigestion and headaches (not very bad, but I haven't had caffeine for about two years so I'm not going through that withdrawal). My joint pains have got worse over the past few days too.

I thought about not mentioning my bad side effects as I really want this blog to be positive, but I decided that honesty was better and that over time you would see the positive effect the changes are having. On the plus side, I have dropped some weight off of my tummy and you can see the difference! I have a lot of weight to lose so this has made me very happy.

This week I upped my dose of Withania; I'm now on a full dose every day. I'm having a smoothie most days with 100ml of Kefir in it. I have continued eating well, but had some chocolate and a slice of birthday cake. I felt both with 24 hours of having them, although that could have been the healing crisis. I have juiced, but not as much as last week. 

I will be starting to drink Kombucha this coming week and I will be starting at about 100ml per day with juice (it tastes like Apple Cider Vinegar so will take some getting used to). I will continue taking a half dose of my herbal tonic but I will be taking it daily rather than every other day. Bone broth will be made this week and used as stock for soups and sauces. I will also be using Slippery Elm for indigestion and Psyillium Husk to encourage some movement as constipation has been a real issue.

I will continue my research into what could help me on the road to recovery and I promise to share what I find of use. I hope you have all had a really good week and I'm sending out hugs and spoons to those who need them xx

No comments:

Post a Comment