Friday 7 October 2016

Lupus Awareness Month


When the first of October came calling, I not only started to think about Halloween decorations, but also about Lupus Awareness Month. For the past year, I have 'ignored' my health. I am a great lover of cake and chocolate, of pasta and roast potatoes and I have seriously indulged in them all.

This time last year though, I was eating clean using the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) as a starting point.
I was brewing my own kefir, making bone broth and soups, cooking clean meals and eating masses of vegetables. I was drinking mainly herbal teas and I was seeing a herbalist monthly.

I went through a stressful period when I lost my job and fell completely off of the wagon and over the past year or so it has seriously shown in my health.

I have got to the point that I have to get better. I rarely leave the house during the week. I nap daily (3-4 hours is a nap right?), my joint are so painful and so is everything in between. I am catching viruses left, right and centre and my sex drive has completely vanished! There is more too, but I don't want to bore you too much.

This diary is going to be my way of making sure I stick to the new regime and allowing me to share anything that I find helps. I plan to keep you updated on food, supplements and tonics, research I find that could be of use and more. I will also try to explain why I choose one thing over the other.



So hopefully I will be eating tasty, healthy and good-looking meals, remembering to take my tonics teas and supplements and finding lots if useful hints and tips to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment